SUB

A TOTALLY AMATEUR BANKNOTE COLLECTOR

Tuesday 1 January 2013

ANTARCTICA











These guys are not technically money banknotes, in that they are not issued by a country, as such, but by the company that operates in the Antarctic. However,I think they are well designed and have a few notable things about them. 

First, the 10 dollar note has a quote from "Scott of the Antarctic" saying "great god, this is an awful place ... for god's sake look after our people" . Now I don't think any country would put that on their money !!!

Next, this was the first notes that I bought that were made of Polymer, a substance that is being used more and more across the globe.

I'll stick some videos of the new Canadian polymer banknotes on the Canada page when I get to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment